Data here comes from what has generally been titled the Administrative Office of the U.S. Courts. Some data are from the current for of the website at USCourts.gov. Others are from the archived version of the website. And finally, some generous academics have shared data with us for certain files.
The folders have the following important information:
- archived - various data from previous iterations of the website. Also includes generous information from Ernie Goss for the county level data on bankruptcies from 1990 through 2003. Data represent the 12 month period ending on December 31st of each year.
- f2 - pretty empty because it overlaps the data from quarterly level data of f2 reports.
- f2_judicial - the government fiscal year ends on 30 September and that is how these data are structured. These are the values at the district level for the previous 12 months.
- f2_one - monthly level district values for bankruptcies since 2013. Also includes a subfolder for pacer data which is monthly level since 2007-01-31.
- f2_three - quarterly level district values for bankruptcies since 2001-03-31.
- f5a - quarterly level filings for the origin counties within each district. This implies that the filing level is the residence of the filer, but they may or may not be filing for the same district. These are from 03-31-2013 and onward. The archived section contains more data.